Amy's Ground Coffee. Get yours today!

Thursday 2 March 2017

About Guyana – About me – About “Love for Guyana” blog



I started out writing “About me” for my “Love for Guyana”/Google profile, but I ended up writing the following:

Guyana is so important to me that I will share more about Guyana rather than myself at this time. However, before I go any further let me say this: I know that Guyana means a lot to YOU (both Guyanese and lovers of Guyana). I know that many of you have a deep love for Guyana. Therefore, please join with me in showing love for Guyana. Contact me and share amazing facts and anything that is good about Guyana. Help me to celebrate Guyanese at home and abroad who are making significant contributions to society by letting me know of persons that we can honour. Please give me feedback about this blog and thank you in advance for doing so.

You can contact me by email: wg0113@hotmail.com (zero after the “g” and not the letter “o”)
You can also call, text, or Whatsapp +1-592-654-2540

Finally before I go any further, please follow this blog by clicking on the "Follow" button in the top right hand corner of your screen. If you are using a phone or tablet, go to the bottom of this page and click on “View web version,” which is below the “Home” button, then click on the “Follow” button in the right hand corner. You need to be signed into your Google account to do so.

Now to get into the meat of the matter:

I am a Guyanese who was born and raised in Guyana. I love Guyana and I am proud to be Guyanese. I am very blessed not only to be Guyanese, but to also live in Guyana. God has greatly blessed Guyana. Hurricanes and earth quakes which can be devastating are non-existent in Guyana’s history. This nation has the land space and rich soil to be the bread/food basket of the Caribbean. Our rainforest remains one of the most preserved of the world’s rainforest and this is essential for our world which is being impacted by global warming. Guyana is increasingly engaging in ecotourism. Guyana is the home of the CARICOM secretariat, home of the world’s longest floating bridge, home of the world’s tallest wooden building, and the home of the Kaieteur Falls which is the world’s highest single drop falls. Guyana is the home of six races that live and work together as we strive towards being one people, one nation and one destiny. Guyana is paradise to bird lovers because over seven hundred and eighty (780) species of birds can be found in Guyana. Guyana has over four hundred and sixty (460) species of fish. Guyana is a place of mountains that people are yet to climb, creatures that are yet to be identified, and they are therefore yet to be acknowledged in science books.
Guyana is indeed blessed. While the indigenous people no longer exist in much of the Caribbean, they are alive and well in Guyana. Guyana is one of the few places where the indigenous people survived and it is a place where the indigenous people are celebrated each year in the month of September.

Guyanese are a special people. When it comes to foreigners, Guyanese are some of the most hospitable people that you will find on the planet. Guyanese are brilliant people. Guyana has produced scholars such as Walter Rodney and Sir. Lionel Alfred Luckhoo. Persons know about the renowned Walter Rodney whom I will highlight further at another time, but at this time I will highlight Sir Luckhoo who may not be known to many persons in my generation. Sir. Lionel Alfred Luckhoo was entered into the Guinness Book of records in 1990 as the “most successful lawyer.” He was successful in obtaining 245 successive acquittals for persons that were charged with murder between 1940 and 1985. This is an amazing fact.

Guyana is a special place. It is a place rich with rice, sugar, diamonds, and gold. Some of our many resources are now being discovered including oil that is enough to fill millions of barrels.

Guyana is a country that is dear to my heart. I loved Guyana before I had the opportunity to go outside of Guyana, and now that I have had the opportunity to visit several countries/islands I love Guyana even more. I do not take for granted that God allowed me to be born and to live in Guyana. I am grateful for this.

With your input I intend to share all that is good about Guyana. Let us celebrate Guyana. Let us celebrate Guyanese. Let us show love for Guyana.



Don’t forget to follow this blog by clicking on the "Follow" button in the top right hand corner of your screen. If you are using a phone or tablet, go to the bottom of this page and click on “View web version,” which is below the “Home” button, then click on the “Follow” button in the right hand corner. You need to be signed into your Google account to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment